Long time no talk? Sometimes we go through hurdles in life that send us flying into the wind. For me, a good month off the normal routine spending as much time with family as possible really puts things into perspective for me.
That leads me to one of those glamorous people in life I always admired; my grandmother.
I don’t know about you, but my grandmother is a looker. She always has been dressed to the nines, sporting the most gorgeous face of makeup ever since I can remember. Maybe that’s wear my love of beauty began to take root….
Recently, while visiting with her I asked “if you had to pick your top ten holy grail beauty items, what would you choose?” And I suppose this would make much more sense if you knew my grandma as beauty is her element. She sewed her own wedding dress, knows fashion better than most magazines, and can out talk any makeup counter employee about their own product.
So truthfully, I was incredibly interested myself. What does a woman, who has tried every high-end and high street brand, swear by? And here are her answers:
1. Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil: You never have to sharpen it, it lasts forever and is overall just wonderful
2. Maybelline Master precise Liquid Eyeliner: more matte than most liquid eyeliners and affordable
3. Physicians Formula moisturizer for normal to dry skin: works almost as a primer, non greasy, can wear night or day, moisture sinks in easy, looks fresh
4. John Frieda moisture barrier hairspray: keeps hair from frizzing
5. Garnier thick serem spray: spray on while damp, thickens your hair when blow dried
6. Lancome Reenergize Foundation: has light particles in it, doesn’t stick to dry patches, doesn’t need much powder to set
7. Estee Lauder lip liner pencil in Fig: more of a natural color, can wear with any lip color, comes with a lip brush on the other end, doesn’t feather like a lipstick
8. Covergirl Natural Glow Blush: used as a highlight, light hint of sparkles, can use on the brow bone
9. Bare Minerals “Well-Rested” Powder eyeshadow: Use as an eyeshadow base, hinders the eyeshadow running down your face
10. Dove soap for sensitive skin: doesn’t hurt eyes and can be used to remove face makeup and doesn’t irritate eyes
Needless to say I’ve already gone out and purchased several of these myself….
Isn’t she lovely?