When winter comes along, my skin tends to get a bit more dreary, a bit dry and overall quite dull-looking. I’ve lost my glowing tan, and what am I ever to do about it?
The answer is makeup. The answer is always makeup.
So here is how I make my skin look a bit better during those cold months.
- Start off with a hydrating primer. I have been using the Body Shop Insta-Blur as it holds my makeup on longer and doesn’t cause any flakey patches on my forehead.
- Foundation. This is where its make or break time. It is important to choose a foundation that gives you a bit of color, but can still be blended down your neck and not make you appear as if you’re two skin tones. Also, finding one that has a dewy finish as opposed to matte will really help to brighten up your complexion. I love this one by the brand EX1. I found it at TopShop!
- To give a bit more color to the face, I use a light bronzer to contour my cheekbones. No matter your shade, you can find an incredible one with the Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzers. They have the perfect amount of pigmentation without being too brown or red-toned.
- Blusher. This trio from Sleek is called Sugar and I am obsessed with the darkest berry shade. I love a flushed look this time of year, so this color does wonders. Make sure to always tap the excess powder off your brush first tho, to avoid looking less flushed and more sunburnt.
- Finally, highlighter. Since it is still holiday season, I feel completely comfortable coating my face in glitter. I picked this treasure up at TopShop and adore its slightly rosy-toned hue. Cindy Lou-Manizer by the Balm is one of their signature highlighters and is light, pigmented and more natural looking than many highlighters I’ve tried.
And that’s it friends! I hope you can use some of these tips over the next few cold months while we eagerly await the sun to come back out!
The Body Shop Insta Blur Primer
EX1 Foundation in F100
Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
Sleek Blush Trio in Sugar
The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer