As someone who has an obscenely large makeup collection, it would be entirely impractical to travel with all of it. It usually takes me quite a bit of time to decide what I want to bring with me when I go to work- let alone on a two-week vacation across the world. So here are the makeup essentials I like to bring with me when I travel, for any amount of time:
- NARS Tinted moisturizer- Especially when traveling, I don’t like to cake on too much foundation. I prefer a light BB cream or a tinted moisturizer with a little bit of coverage to cover any spots but still leave my face fresh and healthy looking. This one by NARS is my ultimate. It has incredible coverage but always looks natural. Available here.
- Sugarbomb Blush by Benefit- I don’t know about you, but half the time I never want to wear blush, and the other half of the time I end up looking like a clown when I do apply it. I am horrible at making decisions. The best way to solve this problem is to pick a really subtle blush; one that will go with any makeup look, any time of year. For me, that is the Sugarbomb blush by Benefit. It’s a swirling of orange, pink, mauve and red and truly gives the most natural finish. Available here.
- Too Faced bronzer- When I travel, my face tends to start looking like a dried up sponge. It’s all dry and dull and icky. To put a little color back into my cheeks without looking like I painted zebra stripes on, I opt for the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer. It is the perfect healthy natural color. And it legit smells like chocolate. WHAT? Available here.
- Too Faced Better Then Sex Mascara- I never know whether I’m going to want a dramatic look or a barely-there makeup look, so it’s good to have a mascara that can be built up. I adore this one from Too Faced as it can pull off any look. Pick one up here.
- MAC 135 brush- Theres no sense in packing your entire brush arsenal when jetting off somewhere fancy. I like to bring a quality powder brush that can be used for setting powder, bronzer, blush and foundation. The MAC 135 brush is so versatile and great quality, get yours here.
- MAC Fix+- Another product for versatility. This miracle bottle can transform an eyeshadow from being basic powder to glistening pigment. It can make a matte foundation instantly glowing. And for that, I have to bring it with me everywhere. Want one too? Get yours here. (ps: it comes in travel size- yay flying!)
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Crayon- These chubby eye pencil crayons can be used as eyeshadow or eyeliner. They can be built up or smudged out. Honestly so versatile and so inexpensive. Available here.
- The Body Shop Lipstick- These Color Crush lipsticks are so nourishing and have a great amount of pigment. If you don’t like going for dark colors, these are perfect. I have a light pink and light coral shade that are perfect “your lips but better” look. Available here.
Anna that’s it! Let me know what your travel essentials are!
(psssssstttt I’m also on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin’)