Valentine’s Day doesnt have to suck.
Who cares if you have a Significant Other? This day is about love. Whether that be love for your boy/girlfriend, love for your besties, or love for yourself.
Today is a day to celebrate how amazing you and the incredible people in your life are.
And what better way to show someone how much you love them?!
Presents of course.
*Sidenote: you don’t have to buy someone something to show you love them, some of us just have a shopping problem*
Fall is my most favorite time of year. Well, Fall and Winter. I couldn’t choose.
I am a sucker for crunchy leaves, crisp air, snowfall, hot cocoa. I know, I know, I’m what most would call “basic.” And guess what? I am basically okay with that.
So, as all basic girls do, we darken our lip colors this time of year. Why? Well because it’s what the fashion/beauty industry tells us to do and damnnit I think I look great in a red lip.
We’ve all been there. You watch a YouTube video or read a blog post and suddenly you catch a glimpse of a product that you simply must have in your life. The blogger talks so keenly about how incredible it is, how it makes her look like Giselle and how her life has never been the same since.
Since I now live in a big city, I am constantly surrounded by some of the most fashionable people ever. Which sucks.
Because now I want to buy everything.
Which I do not have the budget for.
However, that doesn’t stop me from dreaming about all the goodies I would buy if my money supply was endless.
- ALDO Boots– I am obsessed with black ankle boots every winter. I especially like these ones for their slight gold accent along the heel. They also come in a gorgeous burgundy which is amazing. Retail for 110pounds
- Chloe Faye Leather Satchel– Any fashion fanatic knows that Chloe is the ultimate for handbags. I adore the simplicity of the Faye satchels. They are youthful and trendy, but won’t go out of style since they are absolutely an investment piece. This bag retails for ….. 1,190pounds. *I just fainted*
- Bath & Body Works Candle– It’s not fall unless you have a Bath&Body Works candle in Leaves. That’s just a fact. Retails for $22.50.
- Grace Coddington Memoir– This woman is the American Vogue queen. I adore her stylistic talents and her eye for beauty and creativity. I cannot wait to get my hands on this book, only 22.40pounds.
- Zara Beanie– This is the one item on my list that I have actually purchased this month. I adore beanies- especially in the U.K. where it’s windy and rainy the majority of the time. I love the little ears on this as well…beacuse you know…I’m 12. Plus this little treat is only 7.99!
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream– Charlotte Tilbury is my bae. Like literally, this woman is a genius. Every one of her products I’ve tried is absolutely outstanding. I have read some incredible reviews of her skincare, the magic cream in particular. This can be used before applying makeup for a plump, moisturized and youthful look. It retails for 70pounds. So yeah, I need a job.
And those are the treats I’ve been drooling over this month so far! Let me know what you’ve been lusting over!
Keep up with me on social media! Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin‘
I have been oogling (yes, we’re going to pretend that’s a word) Charlotte Tilbury’s makeup collection for quite awhile now. Unfortunately, there isn’t anywhere near me that sells this brand so I haven’t gotten to play with these products. Therefore, to fulfill my need for Charlotte, I’ve watched countless YouTube videos chatting about the best products from her line.
By far, the top two most talked about products from her range were the Filmstar Bronze and Glow contour palette and the lip pencil in Pillowtalk.
Thank the good lord that Nordstrom delivers quickly because after placing my order I was basically stalking the UPS man for my delivery.
And boy was it worth the wait.
First of all, this lipliner is amazing. It is so soft and easy to apply, and the color is PERFECT. Honestly, it is the best everyday color to wear- even on its own.
Secondly I don’t know how Ive made it 24 years without this contour kit. The Filmstar Bronze and Glow is otherworldly good. The bronzer isn’t too red or orange, its the perfect light chocolate color to give the face a little shadowing. The highlight is an amazing champagne-sand color that is flawless. I was scared it would have glitter but it is an incredible light highlighter. It’s not too bright, it just gives a subtle “lit from within” look.
So, should you buy these? YAS.
Until next time,